Houston Construction Law Lawyer Commercial & Industrial
Construction projects are increasing in Houston and across the United States. Because of this, there is an increase of issues regarding whether a Sub or General Contractor is due money for the work they performed. From design build to total renovation projects, we can handle it.
When there is a dispute as to a pay application, some of the following questions must be answered:
- Pay application not timely paid?
- Not paid even when Schedule of Values show phase completion?
- Lien the project legally?
- Change Orders approved or accepted?
- Inspection green tagged by the city/county but subs not paid?
- Bank inspector signed off on fund release, but you haven’t been paid?
- Issues as to FFE modifications and payment?
- Was the retainage improperly used to pay another service provider?
When there is an uncertainty in the completion of the contract or work on a project, call us.
Many times, the contract was not properly negotiated or structured. Even using an AIA Form contract, the supplemental provisions as to curing defects and hiring other subs to fix the work.
If you are owed money on a project, you may have a limited amount of time to perfect your legal rights to collect what is due. Vethan Law Firm, P.C. has represented subs, GCs, owners, and architects for more than 20 years, dealing on projects ranging from:
- Build-Out and Remodeling Professional Office Space;
- Scrape and Build Retail and Restaurant developments,
- Tilt Wall Warehouse Projects,
- CMU Construction
- Multi-Story Construction
- Industrial Labs
- Hotels and Gas Stations
Vethan Law Firm, PC represents Houston construction companies in need of legal representation in all phases of their project – from the initial RFI / RFP to final draws, punch lists and getting fully paid on the retainage. If you have any of these issues arise on a project, call us immediately:
- Unpaid Change Orders;
- Unpaid and Slow Pay on Pay Applications;
- Filing and Enforcing Liens;
- Construction disputes (Green Tag and Not Paid?);
- Defective construction Claims;
- Improper Contract Termination
- Construction contracts to ensure adherence to AIA and BIM;
- Defending DTPA demands;
- Demands on Pay application;
- Professional negligence; and
Want all the latest news or updates? Browse through our blog to read our most recent posts and featured articles.
They always provided professional expertise, were incredibly helpful, and help us win our case!- Brenda U.
They were always professional and on top of their game! Thanks for helping me win my case!- Daniel H.
If you find yourself in need of legal counsel, I can attest to his professionalism, wealth of knowledge, and fervent attention to you and your needs.- Shawn M.
It was the most stressful experience I have ever faced, and I am thankful that Charles Vethan and his team took control of the case, from start to finish.- Karl D.
I couldn't have chosen better. Charles Vethan was far more knowledgeable and aggressive on our behalf than any other lawyer I have ever heard of.- Dave M.
My partner that tried to steal from the business didn't know what hit him when Charles got done with him.- Sean M.
Charles and Diren are more than just experienced attorneys. They are great business coaches and great assets for any business owner.- Kestutis G.
The staff and Charles Vethan are all very knowledgeable, trustworthy, friendly, and reasonable.- Stacy J.