Southern California & Orange County Construction Attorneys
In Orange County and Southern California, generally, construction stakeholders continue to navigate complex administrative, regulatory, and construction law issues. VLF’s construction lawyers are taking on more critical roles in advising developers, owners, architects, engineers, builders, subs, trades, subcontractors, and suppliers in all market segments. Whether dealing with issues ranging from performance, compliance, or change order disputes, our construction lawyers are experienced in handling the negotiation, transaction, and litigation or arbitration of those disputes.
VLF provides guidance in the ever-changing battle of “form” agreements:
- Agreements updated by the American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Consensus documents favored by Associated General Contractors (AGC)
- Any form customizations preferred by large developers, or trade specialty or local organizations.
VLF is also the go-to counsel when disputes result in slow pays, non-pays, non-conforming work, lien filings or bond claims, or when such matters escalate to litigation or arbitration. VLF’s construction litigators have won significant results for our clients in state and federal court, as well as before specialized construction law panels of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and the JAMS Foundation.
The Vethan Law Firm has appeared in State and Federal Court in numerous cases. Our attorneys have represented clients in all forms of alternative dispute resolution processes:
- Dispute Review Boards
- Administration Forums including the State Office of Administrative Hearings and Professional Licensing Agencies
The Vethan Law Firm Conducts All Types of Construction Disputes in Southern California & Orange County:
- Breach of Contract, including owner delay, subsequent purchaser, equitable doctrine, and tort claims
- Construction loan practices
- Defective construction
- Professional negligence
- Measurement and assessment of damages for extra work and for delay, compensable, non-compensable, and concurrent
- Claims against Departments of Transportation and other government entities
- Change orders
- Procurement and bid disputes
Want all the latest news or updates? Browse through our blog to read our most recent posts and featured articles.
They always provided professional expertise, were incredibly helpful, and help us win our case!- Brenda U.
They were always professional and on top of their game! Thanks for helping me win my case!- Daniel H.
If you find yourself in need of legal counsel, I can attest to his professionalism, wealth of knowledge, and fervent attention to you and your needs.- Shawn M.
It was the most stressful experience I have ever faced, and I am thankful that Charles Vethan and his team took control of the case, from start to finish.- Karl D.
I couldn't have chosen better. Charles Vethan was far more knowledgeable and aggressive on our behalf than any other lawyer I have ever heard of.- Dave M.
My partner that tried to steal from the business didn't know what hit him when Charles got done with him.- Sean M.
Charles and Diren are more than just experienced attorneys. They are great business coaches and great assets for any business owner.- Kestutis G.
The staff and Charles Vethan are all very knowledgeable, trustworthy, friendly, and reasonable.- Stacy J.